[openstack-dev] [QA] Proposal: A launchpad bug description template

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Oct 17 12:58:04 UTC 2014

Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote on 10/17/2014 11:28:56 AM:

> From: Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 10/17/2014 11:31 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [QA] Proposal: A launchpad bug description
template

> Markus Zoeller wrote:
> > TL;DR: A proposal for a template for launchpad bug entries which asks
> >        for the minimal needed data to work on a bug.
>
> Note that Launchpad doesn't support bug entry templates. You can display
> "bug reporting guidelines" which appear under the textbox, but that's
> about it.
>
> Also note that the text is project-specific, so it needs to be entered
> in every "openstack" project. Depending on the exact nature of the
> project, I suspect the text should be different.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Thanks for the note on Launchpads capabilities. Providing the infor-
mation in the "bug reporting guidelines" on launchpad looks like a good
place. Currently there is for Nova "Please include the exact version
of Nova with which you're experiencing this issue.".

The wiki page about the bugs [1] could be enhanced as well and then
we could let Launchpad link to this wiki page. Maybe this would reduce
the maintenance of the template. Subsections could be introduced for
project specific debug data.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bugs

Regards,
Markus Zoeller