[openstack-dev] [nova] APIImpact flag for nova specs

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 10:28:07 UTC 2014

Le 15/10/2014 11:56, Christopher Yeoh a écrit :

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Alex Xu <xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
> <mailto:xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2014年10月15日 14:20, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I was wondering what people thought of having a convention of
>         adding
>         an APIImpact flag to proposed nova specs commit messages where the
>         Nova API will change? It would make it much easier to find
>         proposed
>         specs which affect the API as its not always clear from the gerrit
>         summary listing.
>
>     +1, and is there any tool can be used by search flag?
>

> Can use the message: filter in the gerrit web search interface to
> search in commit messages, or
> alternatively use gerritlib to write something custom.

IMHO, asking people to put a tag on a commit msg is good but errorprone
because there could be some misses.
Considering that API changes require new templates, why not asking for
people to provide on a separate tpl file the changes they want to
provide, and make use of the Gerrit file pattern search like
specs/kilo/approved/*.tpl ?

-Sylvain