[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Strategy for testing and merging the merge.py-free templates

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Tue Oct 14 17:37:43 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Tomas Sedovic's message of 2014-10-14 08:55:30 +0000:
> James Slagle proposed something like this when I talked to him on IRC:
>
> 1. teach devtest about the new templates, driven by a
> OVERCLOUD_USE_MERGE_PY switch (defaulting to the merge.py-based templates)
> 2. Do a CI run of the new template patches, merge them
> 3. Add a (initially non-voting?) job to test the heat-only templates
> 4. When we've resolved all the issues stopping up from the switch, make
> the native templates default, deprecate the merge.py ones

This sounds good to me. I would support even making it voting from the
start if it is on-par with pass rates of our other jobs (which seems
like it should be). The main question here is whether we have the
capacity for this (derekh?) as I know we tend to run close to our
capacity limit worth of jobs.

Cheers,
Greg