[openstack-dev] [all] [oslo] Acceptable methods for establishing per-test-suite behaviors

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Oct 8 14:14:09 UTC 2014

On Oct 8, 2014, at 1:22 AM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> On 8 October 2014 11:10, Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks -
>>
>> So just to update on the status here, for the transactional testing and all that, I’ve had a blueprint in the queue for quite awhile:

> I'll probably time it out upstream if I can't get a review and just
> drop it straight into testtools. That said, I'm still AWL from
> everything dealing with this personal matter. Once thats resolved I'll
> be full steam on unblocking things for this patch set of yours.
>
> If you want to move forward without me - backporting the fixes to
> testtools would be a good start, jml or thomi or jelmer (amongst
> others) can review and land and do a release - I'm not critical path.

I know you put together a PoC (maybe more) showing how to make this work for namespace packages. I wonder if this is just another example of a reason to stop using them, though?

Does it make sense to move ahead with separate test suite instances and come back to unify that when we resolve the package issue?

Doug