[openstack-dev] [VMware][nova][cinder]an issue about single point of failure

LiuJeremy jeremy-liu at outlook.com
Wed Oct 8 12:58:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

    I have an issue about single point of failure in OpenStack+VMware scenario.
If one nova-compute or cinder-volume crush. The VCenter which connect to
the nova-compute or cinder-volume will unavailable.

I think we can deploy the nova-compute/cinder-volume to a VM which have the HA
(High Available) capacity.

What do you think about the above solution? And could you provide another solution,
especially in physical deployment scenario (deploy the nova-compute/cinder-volume
in a physical host)?

Thanks,

Jeremy Liu