[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][nova] git fetch fails with permission denied (publickey)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 6 23:02:14 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-06 17:45:21 -0500 (-0500), Jennifer Mulsow wrote:
[...]
> git remote add origin ssh://jmulsow@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/nova.git
[...]
> I have double checked that my user name is correct on
> review.openstack.org and in my global git config where I am trying
> to do the fetch.
[...]

The logs for the Gerrit API indicate it could not find any user with
"jmulsow" as the username, and digging in its MySQL database I have
confirmed that is the case. I see a "Jennifer Mulsow" who created a
Gerrit account in April of 2013 who last updated contact information
a few weeks ago, but that account has no username configured at all.

When you are signed into Gerrit's WebUI and visit
https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/ is there anything at all
listed to the right of "Username"? If so, that's what you should use
instead of jmulsow. If there's nothing there at all, then click into
the blank space and (carefully since it can't be changed later)
enter whatever you want it to be.
--
Jeremy Stanley