[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][nova] git fetch fails with permission denied (publickey)

Jennifer Mulsow jmulsow at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 6 22:45:21 UTC 2014

I have followed the instructions on
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow and am trying to fetch the
nova repository, but it fails with "Permission denied (publickey)." I
believe this has something to do with my specific account on
review.openstack.org, but not sure what.

git remote add origin
ssh://jmulsow@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/nova.git
git fetch origin
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

I have double checked that my user name is correct on review.openstack.org
and in my global git config where I am trying to do the fetch.

I have checked my settings on review.openstack.org and verified that I have
the correct public key saved. I have tried configuring keys 3 times now,
and none of them worked. They are stored in the normal paths of
~/.ssh/id_rsa and ~/.shh/id_rsa.pub.

I see the same error with git clone and 'ssh -vv -p 29418
jmulsow at review.openstack.org'. The output from ssh looks like it is looking
in the right places for the key, I'm just not getting back the message that
the server has accepted the key.
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/jmulsow/.ssh/id_rsa
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey).

Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas?

Thank you,
Jennifer Mulsow
Cloud Systems Software Development
IBM Systems & Technology Group