[openstack-dev] Quota management and enforcement across projects

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Fri Oct 3 14:42:06 UTC 2014

> I recall that in the past there have been several calls for unifying quota management.
> The blueprint [1] for instance, hints at the possibility of storing quotas in keystone.
As an end-user: +1
For me it totally makes sense to put the quotas and access together.

> On the other hand, the blazar project [2, 3] seems to aim at solving this problem for good
> enabling resource reservation and therefore potentially freeing openstack projects from managing and enforcing quotas.
> While Blazar is definetely a good thing to have, I'm not entirely sure we want to make it a "required" component for every deployment.

Totally agree, I'd rather not run more components running then strictly necessary.
It is already quite a lot of work to test all components each time we do upgrade's.
Adding complexity / more moving parts is not on the top of my list unless strictly necessary.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen