[openstack-dev] [all][tc] governance changes for "big tent" model

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Fri Oct 3 05:21:22 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 10:46 PM, Joe Gordon wrote:

> After seeing Jay's idea of making a yaml file modeling things and
> talking to devananda about this I went ahead and tried to graph the
> relationships out.
>
> repo: https://github.com/jogo/graphing-openstack
> preliminary YAML file:
> https://github.com/jogo/graphing-openstack/blob/master/openstack.yaml
> sample graph: http://i.imgur.com/LwlkE73.png

To save people's time figuring out the colours:

black: requires
blue: can use
red: depends on

I'm not sure we need to explicitly track "depends on".  If a service has
only one incoming "requires" or "can use" arrow, then it "depends on"
whoever uses it, no?

Also, once a service "requires" another one, it seems somewhat redundant
to also say that it "depends on" it.

Chris