[openstack-dev] [all][tc] governance changes for "big tent" model

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 04:46:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Devananda van der Veen <
devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
> > As promised at this week’s TC meeting, I have applied the various blog
> posts and mailing list threads related to changing our governance model to
> a series of patches against the openstack/governance repository [1].
> >
> > I have tried to include all of the inputs, as well as my own opinions,
> and look at how each proposal needs to be reflected in our current policies
> so we do not drop commitments we want to retain along with the processes we
> are shedding [2].
> >
> > I am sure we need more discussion, so I have staged the changes as a
> series rather than one big patch. Please consider the patches together when
> commenting. There are many related changes, and some incremental steps
> won’t make sense without the changes that come after (hey, just like code!).
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > [1]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/governance+branch:master+topic:big-tent,n,z
> > [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/big-tent-notes
>
> I've summed up a lot of my current thinking on this etherpad as well
> (I should really blog, but hey ...)
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/in-pursuit-of-a-new-taxonomy

After seeing Jay's idea of making a yaml file modeling things and talking
to devananda about this I went ahead and tried to graph the relationships
out.

repo: https://github.com/jogo/graphing-openstack
preliminary YAML file:
https://github.com/jogo/graphing-openstack/blob/master/openstack.yaml
sample graph: http://i.imgur.com/LwlkE73.png

It turns out its really hard to figure out what the relationships are
without digging deep into the code for each project, so I am sure I got a
few things wrong (along with missing a lot of projects).

-Deva