[openstack-dev] [Horizon] [All?] "Status" vs "State"

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 16:14:18 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 11:23 AM, Jay S. Bryant wrote:
> As I re-read this I think maybe you have answered my question but want
> to be clear.  You feel that 'State' is the only term that should be
> used.  Based on the definitions above, that would make sense.  The
> complication is there are may places in the code where a variable like
> 'status' is used.  Don't think we are going to be able to go back and
> fix all those, but it would be something that is good to watch for in
> reviews in the future.

I'm talking about new versions of the public APIs that get proposed, not
existing ones. Within the codebase, it would be great to use a single
term "state" for this, prefixed with a refining descriptor like
"power_", "task_", etc. But that's a lesser concern for me than our next
generation REST APIs.

Best,
-anotherjay