[openstack-dev] Help with EC2 Driver functionality using boto ...

Aparna S Parikh aparna at thoughtworks.com
Wed Oct 1 18:13:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are currently working on writing a driver for Amazon's EC2 using the
boto libraries, and are hung up on creating a snapshot of an instance. The
instance remains in 'Queued' status on Openstack instead of becoming
 'Active'. The actual EC2 snapshot that gets created is in 'available'
status.

We are essentially calling create_image() from the boto/ec2/instance.py
when snapshot of an instance is being called.

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aparna