[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [CI] Cinder/Ceph CI setup

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 11:10:45 UTC 2014

hi there,

while working on the TripleO cinder-ha spec meant to provide HA for
Cinder via Ceph [1], we wondered how to (if at all) test this in CI, so
we're looking for some feedback

first of all, shall we make Cinder/Ceph the default for our (currently
non-voting) HA job? (check-tripleo-ironic-overcloud-precise-ha)

current implementation (under review) should permit for the deployment
of both the Ceph monitors and Ceph OSDs on either controllers, dedicated
nodes, or to split them up so that only OSDs are on dedicated nodes

what would be the best scenario for CI?

* a single additional node hosting a Ceph OSD with the Ceph monitors
deployed on all controllers (my preference is for this one)

* a single additional node hosting a Ceph OSD and a Ceph monitor

* no additional nodes with controllers also service as Ceph monitor and
Ceph OSD

more scenarios? comments? Thanks for helping

1. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-kilo-cinder-ha
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA