[openstack-dev] [Neutron][L2 Agent][Debt] Bootstrapping an L2 agent debt repayment task force

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 18 18:32:23 UTC 2014

I had done some work on looking at L2 agents and identifying how we may
want to go about creating a Modular L2 Agent framework to make the agent
code more modular, avoid code replication across multiple L2 agents, and to
make adding new features and writing new agents (if/when necessary) easier.
I will be happy to take a stab at writing the blueprint/spec based on that
work and what is specified in the etherpad [1].

I had to take a few weeks off from work and therefore had to miss the
Summit; This happened right around the time that "paying our technical
debts" was becoming a common phrase in Neutron (for good reasons) and from
what I can gather from the etherpad [1] the scope for this effort may have
expanded and there are others who have volunteered to work on various
aspects of this effort. So, if there are others who want to start the "task
force" by writing this blueprint/spec, that is perfectly fine with me. If
not, I will be happy to get that started.

Best,

Mohammad (banix)