[openstack-dev] [Neutron][L2 Agent][Debt] Bootstrapping an L2 agent debt repayment task force

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Tue Nov 18 17:12:38 UTC 2014

At the recent summit, we held a session about debt repayment in the
Neutron agents [1].  Some work was identified for the L2 agent.  We
had a discussion in the Neutron meeting today about bootstrapping that
work.

The first order of business will be to generate a blueprint
specification for the work similar, in purpose, to the one that is
under discussion for the L3 agent [3].  I personally am at or over
capacity for BP writing this cycle.  We need a volunteer to take this
on coordinating with others who have been identified on the etherpad
for L2 agent work (you know who you are) and other volunteers who have
yet to be identified.

This "task force" will use the weekly Neutron meeting, the ML, and IRC
to coordinate efforts.  But first, we need to bootstrap the task
force.  If you plan to participate, please reply to this email and
describe how you will contribute, especially if you are willing to be
the lead author of a BP.  I will reconcile this with the etherpad to
see where gaps have been left.

I am planning to contribute as a core reviewer of blueprints and code
submissions only.

Carl

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-neutron-agents-technical-debt
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/networking/2014/networking.2014-11-18-14.02.html