[openstack-dev] [all] Scale out bug-triage by making it easier for people to contribute

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Nov 18 17:46:49 UTC 2014

Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 18/11/14 11:42 +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>> With storyboard.openstack.org <http://storyboard.openstack.org> looming
>>> on the horizon, should such an effort be put on the back burner for now?
>>
>> I don't expect integrated projects to be able to switch to storyboard
>> for bug tracking just yet. Our current goal is to have it ready for
>> infrastructure dogfooding now (actually, yesterday), ready for feature
>> tracking (and bugs tracking replacement for willing non-integrated
>> guinea pigs) in 6 months, and ready for everyone in 12 months.
>
> Is it in a good enough state that would a low smaller projects - zaqar
> - to jump in and help testing the storyboard? I'm happy to give it a
> try.

The trick is that it's missing some features that would make it a pain,
even for an incubated project (think: no private security bugs). Also
we'd like to switch all integrated projects at the same time, so that
release management doesn't have to play with two tools in parallel.

Also, nothing in storyboard actually makes triaging less painful :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)