[openstack-dev] [all] fix latency on requirements breakage

Louis Taylor kragniz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:21:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 09:32:21PM -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I think this idea has come up before, the problem is knowing how to
> distinguish the sky is falling type bugs from other race bugs we know about.
> Thinking out loud it could be severity of the bug in launchpad but we have a
> lot of high/critical race bugs that have been around for a long time and they
> are obviously not breaking the world. We could tag bugs (I'm assuming I could
> get bug tags from the launchpad API) but we'd have to be pretty strict about
> not abusing the tag just to get attention on a bug.
>
> Other ideas?

I think just having something like a 'blocks-gate' tag would be fine. I'm not
sure it could be badly abused. I'm envisioning elastic recheck giving a message
along the lines of:

    This failure has been tagged as a gate blocking bug, please avoid
    rechecking until it has been addressed.

This should inform people that they shouldn't blindly recheck that patchset and
it has limited scope for abuse.