[openstack-dev] [all] fix latency on requirements breakage

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 18 03:32:21 UTC 2014

On 11/17/2014 6:57 PM, Louis Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 10:46:38AM +1030, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>> Maybe a MOTD at the top of http://review.openstack.org could help here?  Have
>> a button that the QA/infra people can hit when everything is broken that puts
>> up a message there asking people to stop rechecking/submitting patches.
>
> How about elastic recheck showing a message? If a bug is identified as breaking
> the world, it shouldn't give a helpful "feel free to leave a 'recheck' comment
> to run the tests again" comment when tests fail. That just encourages people to
> keep rechecking.

I think this idea has come up before, the problem is knowing how to
distinguish the sky is falling type bugs from other race bugs we know
about. Thinking out loud it could be severity of the bug in launchpad
but we have a lot of high/critical race bugs that have been around for a
long time and they are obviously not breaking the world. We could tag
bugs (I'm assuming I could get bug tags from the launchpad API) but we'd
have to be pretty strict about not abusing the tag just to get attention
on a bug.

Other ideas?

Matt Riedemann