[openstack-dev] [all] Scale out bug-triage by making it easier for people to contribute

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Nov 18 10:42:19 UTC 2014

Dolph Mathews wrote:
> As someone who has spent quite a bit of time triaging bugs, I'd be
> hugely in favor of this. I'd probably be willing to pitch in on
> additional projects, as well.
>
> Is there already tooling for this built around Launchpad, or do we have
> to roll our own?

You'll have to roll your own, but it shouldn't be very difficult. You
can see [1] for a base example of listing bugs in Launchpad:

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/release-tools/tree/process_bugs.py

> With storyboard.openstack.org <http://storyboard.openstack.org> looming
> on the horizon, should such an effort be put on the back burner for now?

I don't expect integrated projects to be able to switch to storyboard
for bug tracking just yet. Our current goal is to have it ready for
infrastructure dogfooding now (actually, yesterday), ready for feature
tracking (and bugs tracking replacement for willing non-integrated
guinea pigs) in 6 months, and ready for everyone in 12 months.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)