[openstack-dev] TC election by the numbers

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 15:24:29 UTC 2014

On 10/11/14 12:09, Eoghan Glynn wrote:

>> >This is probably not feasible.
> Interesting, why do you think it wouldn't be feasible?

I was under the impression that one-year terms were required under the
Foundation by-laws. It turns out that I was incorrect:

"Each Technical Committee member shall hold the seat for a term not to
exceed one year, but may be re-elected to the Technical Committee. After
the initial election, the elections for the Technical Committee shall be
held at least every six months."

  - http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/

So we actually do have the latitude to elect the whole TC every 6
months. Certainly it doesn't appear that we need the staggered terms to
ensure continuity of membership as was originally thought - we get
exactly the same election results every time. It may be worth trying,
although I'm sceptical that it will make much difference on its own.

cheers,
Zane.