[openstack-dev] [Fuel] fuel master monitoring

Anton Zemlyanov azemlyanov at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 5 16:26:19 UTC 2014

Monitoring of the Fuel master's disk space is the special case. I really
wonder why Fuel master have no HA option, disk overflow can be predicted
but many other failures cannot. HA is a solution of the 'single point of
failure' problem.

The current monitoring recommendations (
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/logging_monitoring.html)
are based on analyzing logs and manual checks, that are rather reactive way
of fixing problems. Zabbix is quite good for preventing failures that are
predictable but for the abrupt problems Zabbix just reports them 'post
mortem'.

The only way to remove the single failure point is to implement
redundancy/HA

Anton