[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Ironic] [Heat] [Nova] Mid-cycle collaborative meetup

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri May 30 12:48:35 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Jaromir Coufal's message of 2014-05-30 17:16:21 +0530:
> Hi Devananda,
>
> it is interesting. I think that we can invite Nova as well and join our
> efforts at one place. It will be like a tiny (more focused) summit but
> it sounds that all projects can benefit a lot from it. What do you think?
>
> [added Nova tag to the subject]
>
> Nova folks, what do you think? Would you like to join our mid-cycle
> meeting and have TripleO & Ironic & Heat & Nova teams together at one place?
>
> More details about place, dates and attendees are here:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-midcycle-meetup

My personal opinion is that it needs to remain focused. Having two
groups together is good. Having three will increase the logistical
issues and add pressure to those who straddle all three. Having four
will just make it a mini-summit with everyones' heads spinning. We want
to get real work done at these events, they're not nearly as social.

I like the idea of it just being TripleO and Heat, but I'm biased, since
I'm a core reviewer on TripleO... and Heat. :)

I also like the idea of Ironic devs strategically placing themselves
between every Nova core reviewer and the nearest source of caffeine,
with a nice smile on their face and a "hey, would you like to review my
patch?".