[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue May 27 14:32:58 UTC 2014

> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 07:07:54AM -0700, James E. Blair wrote:
>> Radoslav Gerganov <rgerganov at vmware.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Monty,

>>> Thanks for the pointer, I have submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95743
>>>
>>> It is still a work in progress as I need to figure out how to augment
>>> only review pages, not the entire Gerrit interface. What would be a
>>> good way to test this kind of changes? I have been told there is
>>> Gerrit dev box out there. I guess I can also test it with an http
>>> proxy that rewrites the pages from the upstream Gerrit but I am
>>> looking for something easier :)
>>>
>>> Having template for CI names would be very helpful indeed.
>>
>> Very cool!
>>
>> When that's ready, we can manually apply it to review-dev only to make
>> sure it works before we put it into production.
>>
>> We're definitely interested in templating the CI names, but we haven't
>> actually asked anyone to start doing that yet (we're getting some other
>> changes ready at the same time so that the third-party CI folks can make
>> all the requested changes at once).  Realistically, it's going to take a
>> little while for all of that to get into place.  We could just list the
>> names for now and then change to a regex later, or I wonder if it would
>> be possible to detect them based on the presence of a "Verified" vote?
>
> FYI I figured what I believe to be a reasonably complete set of CI
> account usernames to use with Gerrymander[1]
>
> jenkins, elasticrecheck, arista-test, bsn, pattabi-ayyasami-ci,
> brocade-oss-service, brocade_jenkins, cisco-openstack-ci, citrixjenkins,
> compass_ci, designate-jenkins, docker-ci, eci, freescale-ci, fuel-ci,
> fuel-watcher, huawei-ci, hyper-v-ci, ibmdb2, ibmsdnve, powerkvm,
> ibmpwrvc, ibm-zvm-ci, rocktown, lvstest, mellanox, metaplugintest,
> midokura, nec-openstack-ci, netapp-ci, NetScalerAts, neutronryu,
> nuage-ci, contrail, odl-jenkins, plumgrid-ci, puppetceph,
> puppet-openstack-ci-user, raxheatci, radware3rdpartytesting,
> redhatci, smokestack, sfci, thstack-ci, tailfncs, vmwareminesweeper,
> wherenowjenkins, citrix_xenserver_ci, jaypipes-testing,
> jenkins-magnetodb, murano-ci, nicirabot, novaimagebuilder-jenkins,
> reddwarf, savanna-ci, turbo-hipster, varmourci, vanillabot,
> trivial-rebase, launchpadsync
>
> It sure would be nice if every single bot username had 'ci-' as
> a prefix or suffix, so you could just wildcard match  '*-ci'
> on the usernames
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerrymanderConfig

Discussing the format for the Third Party Account names is on today's
infra-meeting agenda:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/InfraTeamMeeting

I added it so we could have a space to discuss it, not because I have a
whole lot of ideas what it should look like. Do attend and share your
thoughts on how these names should be formatted.

Thanks,
Anita.