[openstack-dev] [all] Hide CI comments in Gerrit

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue May 27 14:16:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 07:07:54AM -0700, James E. Blair wrote:
> Radoslav Gerganov <rgerganov at vmware.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Monty,
> >
> >> As a next step - why not take the Javascript you've got there and submit
> >> it as a patch to the file above? We can probably figure out a way to
> >> template the third party CI names ... but starting one step at a time is
> >> a great idea.
> >>

> > Thanks for the pointer, I have submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95743
> >
> > It is still a work in progress as I need to figure out how to augment
> > only review pages, not the entire Gerrit interface. What would be a
> > good way to test this kind of changes? I have been told there is
> > Gerrit dev box out there. I guess I can also test it with an http
> > proxy that rewrites the pages from the upstream Gerrit but I am
> > looking for something easier :)
> >
> > Having template for CI names would be very helpful indeed.
>
> Very cool!
>
> When that's ready, we can manually apply it to review-dev only to make
> sure it works before we put it into production.
>
> We're definitely interested in templating the CI names, but we haven't
> actually asked anyone to start doing that yet (we're getting some other
> changes ready at the same time so that the third-party CI folks can make
> all the requested changes at once).  Realistically, it's going to take a
> little while for all of that to get into place.  We could just list the
> names for now and then change to a regex later, or I wonder if it would
> be possible to detect them based on the presence of a "Verified" vote?

FYI I figured what I believe to be a reasonably complete set of CI
account usernames to use with Gerrymander[1]

jenkins, elasticrecheck, arista-test, bsn, pattabi-ayyasami-ci,
brocade-oss-service, brocade_jenkins, cisco-openstack-ci, citrixjenkins,
compass_ci, designate-jenkins, docker-ci, eci, freescale-ci, fuel-ci,
fuel-watcher, huawei-ci, hyper-v-ci, ibmdb2, ibmsdnve, powerkvm,
ibmpwrvc, ibm-zvm-ci, rocktown, lvstest, mellanox, metaplugintest,
midokura, nec-openstack-ci, netapp-ci, NetScalerAts, neutronryu,
nuage-ci, contrail, odl-jenkins, plumgrid-ci, puppetceph,
puppet-openstack-ci-user, raxheatci, radware3rdpartytesting,
redhatci, smokestack, sfci, thstack-ci, tailfncs, vmwareminesweeper,
wherenowjenkins, citrix_xenserver_ci, jaypipes-testing,
jenkins-magnetodb, murano-ci, nicirabot, novaimagebuilder-jenkins,
reddwarf, savanna-ci, turbo-hipster, varmourci, vanillabot,
trivial-rebase, launchpadsync

It sure would be nice if every single bot username had 'ci-' as
a prefix or suffix, so you could just wildcard match  '*-ci'
on the usernames

Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerrymanderConfig