[openstack-dev] [QA] Tempest Release Naming

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 23 00:40:16 UTC 2014

On 05/22/2014 08:33 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-05-22 18:33:34 -0400 (-0400), Matthew Treinish wrote:
> [...]
>> I'd like to stick with one scheme and not decide to change it
>> later on. I figured I should bring this out to a wider audience to
>> see if there were other suggestions or opinions before I pushed
>> out the tag, especially because the tags are primarily for the
>> consumers of Tempest.
>
> I think as long as your release notes clearly indicate what you
> think can safely be tested with a given release of Tempest, it
> should be versioned just like any other piece of software (which is
> to say, with version numbers chosen by one or more humans to reflect
> the degree of improvement/breakage reflected within the release, a
> la "Semantic Versioning").

Given that we're not really going to have major / minor bumps at this
point (more a continous roll), I might argue that we should just go
Firefox on it and bump the integer on every release.

Tempest 1 is now, Tempest 2 is Julyish, Tempest 3 is at Juno, Tempest 4
is next winter, etc.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague