[openstack-dev] [QA] Tempest Release Naming

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 23 00:33:26 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 18:33:34 -0400 (-0400), Matthew Treinish wrote:
[...]
> I'd like to stick with one scheme and not decide to change it
> later on. I figured I should bring this out to a wider audience to
> see if there were other suggestions or opinions before I pushed
> out the tag, especially because the tags are primarily for the
> consumers of Tempest.

I think as long as your release notes clearly indicate what you
think can safely be tested with a given release of Tempest, it
should be versioned just like any other piece of software (which is
to say, with version numbers chosen by one or more humans to reflect
the degree of improvement/breakage reflected within the release, a
la "Semantic Versioning").
--
Jeremy Stanley