[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Core API refactoring

Mandeep Dhami dhami at noironetworks.com
Wed May 21 14:23:53 UTC 2014

Hi Sean:

While the APIs might not be changing*, I suspect that there are significant
design decisions being made**. These changes are probably more significant
than any new feature being discussed. As a community, are we expected to
document these design changes and review these changes as well? I am still
trying to figure out what Neutron's review standards are. On one hand, I am
seeing code review comments that reject a patch for cosmetic changes (like
a name change from what was in the reviewed blueprint), to having an
attitude that something as core and central to neutron as refactoring and a
major API update to v3 not needing a design document/review.

It is my opinion, and my recommendation, that the proposed changes be
documented and reviewed by same standard that we have for other features.

* I believe that v3 API is being introduced and chnages are being made, but
I might have mis-understood.
** I was under the impression that in addition to the Pecan updates, there
was going to be refactoring to use taskflow as well. And that I expect to
have significant control flow impact, and that is what I really wanted to
review.

Regards,
mandeep