[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Core API refactoring

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Wed May 21 13:52:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 05:18:57PM EDT, Mandeep Dhami wrote:
> Renewing the thread, is there a blueprint for this refactoring effort?
>
> In the email thread till now, we have just had an etherpad link. I would
> like to get more deeply involved in design/implementation and review of
> these changes and I get a feeling that not being able to attend the Atlanta
> summit is going to be a significant barrier to participation in this
> critical effort.

It is possible there is a misconception here: refactoring the API core does
not mean changing the APIs that are presented to the user. We are in the
process of replacing a homegrown WSGI with Pecan to make the WSGI layer
of Neutron cleaner and easier to create API extensions.

http://pecan.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

--
Sean M. Collins