[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Unifying DB schema

Anna Kamyshnikova akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Tue May 20 08:13:12 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

Earlier topic of unconditional migrations was discussed  in emails by me
and Salvatore. On summit there was a small meeting on which was discussed
this topic and some others. I haven't participated in this meeting but
member of my team Eugene was there instead of me and told me what was
decided to do.

The idea is to create some methods that will check current table state:
 - if it exists or not
 -  if all necessary changes have been made or not.
(All changes are checked from the very beginning till Icehouse)

I was inspired of this idea and make some notes about that. They are shown
there
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10p6JKIQf_rymBuNeOywjHiv53cRTfz5kBg8LeUCeykI/edit?usp=sharingand
a test change that will show  how this is going to work
https://review.openstack.org/93690.

The organizer of all this work is Henry Gessau. Now he is working on bp on
this topic.

I look forward to any comments about my notes and my test changes.

Regards,
Ann