[openstack-dev] [TripleO][DiskImage-builder]How to set up network during the deploy

Tan, Lin lin.tan at intel.com
Tue May 20 07:30:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am working on setting up Baremetal for a while. I notice that in the process of deployment in TripleO, I mean in the first round of PXE boot, it will append the IP info in the configuration and pass to the target machine as kernel parameters. Then init script will read the parameters and set the network like eth0 and turn it up. why do we have to do like this?
Because in my case, I want to avoid to pass the IP info as kernel parameters, but I still need to set up the network of target machine. I have two ideas now, but I am not sure:

1.       Get the IP info from the PXE client in target Machine

2.       Add some new elements in the deploy_ramdisk in order to request the IP from the DHCP again.

My question is which way is more reasonable?

Thanks in advanced

Best Regards,

Tan