[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

Stephen Balukoff sbalukoff at bluebox.net
Mon May 19 23:45:51 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

Ok, I've attached a newly-updated object diagram (and its source) which is
hopefully both a little bit clearer than the monstrosity I created for the
summit, and also incorporates a couple agreed-upon changes at the summit.
Notes about this:

   - The grayed-out object (LBtoListener and VIPGroupToAntiGroup) are
   simply there to show the database objects that will be used to express the
   n:m relationship between VIPs and Listeners, and VIPGroups and
   VIPAntiGroups. The user API will have no direct access to these "join"
   objects.
   - I've update the TLSCertificate object to reflect that we intend to use
   barbican to manage TLS certificates.
   - I've also split out a 'TLS CA Chain' object from the TLS Certificate
   object since it has much different usage than the TLS Certificate object
   and after talking with y'all (especially Samuel) I think this is probably
   clearer. Note that it might be possible to manage the CA chains in barbican
   as well if they eventually add full certificate management... however I'm
   not showing this here, as a CA chain is public data, so there's no reason
   we couldn't safely store this in the Neutron database. (And we probably
   don't need full certificate management for CA chains.)
   - There may be a few missing fields (for example, I think status needs
   to be two fields?) In any case, I think I've captured all the most
   consequential ones.

Also:

   - We talked briefly about the differences between Samuel's proposed L7
   Policies / Rules proposal and my proposal in the Friday LBaaS meeting,
   however we deferred full discussion of this to the mailing list. What it
   boils down to is essentially whether people think there will be a need to
   re-use L7Policies. (L7Policies in both our proposals are a group of L7Rules
   that get logically ANDed together). Perhaps we should start this discussion
   in another thread?
   - We're also not 100% in agreement over how TLS SNI Policies should
   work. I'm unclear on Samuel's model here, and I think this is something
   else we deferred to discussion on the mailing list.

Oh and! Please keep in mind that I think both Eugene and Samuel were going
to be on vacation this week. :)

Thanks,
Stephen