[openstack-dev] [qa][nova] Status of v3 tests in tempest

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon May 19 11:42:51 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 01:24 PM, Frittoli, Andrea (HP Cloud) wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> We won't be testing v3 in Juno, but we'll need coverage for v2.1.
>
> In my understanding will be a v2 compatible API - so including proxy to
> glance cinder and neutron - but with micro-versions to bring in v3 features
> such as CamelCase and Tasks.
> So we should be able to reuse a good chunk of the v3 test code for testing
> v2.1. Adding some config options for the v2.1 to v3 differences we could try
> and use the same tests for icehouse v3 and juno v2.1.
While it is true that we may reuse some of the actual test code
currently in v3, the overall code structure for micro-versions will be
much different than for a parallel v2/v3. I wanted to make sure every
one  on the qa list knows that v3 is being scrapped and that we should
stop making changes that are intended only to enhance the
maintainability of an active v2/v3 scenario.

With regard to icehouse, my understanding is that we are basically
deprecating v3 as an api before it was ever declared stable. Should we
continue to carry technical debt in tempest to support testing the
unstable v3 in icehouse? Another alternative, if we really want to
continue testing v3 on icehouse but want to remove v3 from tempest,
would be to create a stable/icehouse branch in tempest and run that
against changes to stable/icehouse in projects in addition to running
tempest master.

  -David