[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

IWAMOTO Toshihiro iwamoto at valinux.co.jp
Thu May 15 14:45:01 UTC 2014

It is pity to see enoumous LBaaS efforts have been largely spinning
(in a sense of spinlocks) for a while.

At Thu, 15 May 2014 14:31:54 +0400,
Eugene Nikanorov wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> Hi Craig,
>
> Implementation-specific options are not exposed through the API, or
> otherwise it would be inconsistent, given that we are moving to a
> flavor-based approach of specifying service requirements where
> implementation is completely hidden from the user.

There was a lot of arguments against your flavor proposal at the
design summit session and at the meeting at the pod area.
So, it is not clear if "moving to a flavor-based" happens in a
reasonalbe timeframe.

OTOH, the flavor framework is not much more than a bitmap matching of
feature vectors.  I think something is not going right as we spent
good 30mins on this topic at the pod area.

We'll be able to continue the same technical level argument at home as
we did for the last couple of months.

My suggestion is to try to discuss differently here at the summit.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro