[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Thu May 15 14:54:02 UTC 2014

Hi Iwamoto,

I think you may want to talk to Mark MacClain on why we want to move to
flavors instead of letting user to chose implementation.
Basically the arguments against flavors (flexible mapping) are based on
some lack of understanding of cloud operator requirements.
Ability to chose provider was the first simplistic step in allowing
multivendor support, but it appeared to be not much convenient for cloud
operators.

And obviously implementation details (especially vendor-specific) should be
hidden behind API, that's the goal of all OS services to abstract tenant
from that.

Thanks,
Eugene.