[openstack-dev] [infra] elements vs. openstack-infra puppet for CI "infra" nodes

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Fri May 9 19:08:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Dan Prince <dprince at redhat.com> wrote:
> I originally sent this to TripleO but perhaps [infra] would have been a better choice.

Adding the -infra mailing list on this too so folks see it as they
rush around doing pre-summit things.

> The short version is I'd like to run a lightweight (unofficial) mirror for Fedora in infra:
>
>  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90875/

On the Debian side, I also have a bug (with some mirror discussion and
an attached review) here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ci/+bug/1311855

After discussing this particular patch+bug with the rest of the -infra
team, there wasn't a ton of interest in running an infra-based mirror
due to the package index out of sync issue in unofficial mirrors,
which would be a problem for us.

I had hoped we could sit down and chat about this at the summit for
both Fedora and Debian mirrors, but unfortunately I won't be able to
attend (been very sick this week, doctor didn't approve getting on a
plane on Sunday). So I'm hoping some other infra folks can sync up
with Dan and the TripleO crew to chat about how we can best get these
changes in so they'll work effectively for everyone. Also happy to
continue this discussion here on list or resume at a meeting after
summit.

http://www.princessleia.com