[openstack-dev] How-to and best practices for developing new OpenStack service

Ruslan Kamaldinov rkamaldinov at mirantis.com
Thu May 8 07:45:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Ruslan Kiianchuk
<ruslan.kiianchuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Short tutorial for developers not familiar with OpenStack infrastructure
> still would be useful. My task is to help Python developers that haven't
> worked with OpenStack before start an OpenStack service development in the
> shortest possible period. If none will come up, I'll be thinking about
> writing one :)

Yes, intro tutorial could be useful. But before you start, please take
a look at existing resources:
1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HowToContribute
2. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritWorkflow
3. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages

AFAIK Stefano and Tom are working on something similar. Added them to cc list.

Thanks,
Ruslan