[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS]User Stories and sruvey

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:30:47 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 03:16 PM, Jorge Miramontes wrote:
> I agree that everyone's thoughts should be in it. I don't see why a
> representative vote does not allow for that. Sam put a text box on each
> use case to capture extra thoughts.

Because all of us have different experiences. Not all of us have worked
for the specific company we work at now for the past 20 years. We all
have different customer experiences and use cases based on a variety of
job positions and past employers.

> I would hope that no organization would be so confused as to have widely
> varying viewpoints on *what their customers want*

You have only one type of customer?

, since that is the
> supposed purpose of all of this, right? We're supposed to be deciding
> which use-cases matter *to our customers*,

Yep, and there are many different types of customers even within a
single company. I'm sure you don't assume that RAX Public Cloud
customers have the same needs of RAX private cloud or enterprise hosting
customers. At the same time, is there a single person at RAX that can
adequately speak for all those segments? As a former Racker, I can
remember meeting no such person.

  so there should be no real
> variance for what I would vote versus what my teammates would vote, since
> we have the same customersŠ

And there are multiple teams at Rackspace, no?

> Also, if we are using this as a type of voting mechanism then interests of
> large/vocal organizations drown out smaller organizations. If this is
> being used as a voting mechanism then how do you suggest we weight votes
> for smaller companies so that we do not alienate them from further
> voting/discussions?

Through consensus and discussion, same as any other OpenStack project.

Best,
-jay