[openstack-dev] Monitoring as a Service

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue May 6 16:47:07 UTC 2014

Sandy Walsh wrote:
> I'd be curious to know more what "managed" means in this situation? Is
> the core project expected to allocate time in the IRC meeting to the
> concerns of these adjacent projects? What if the core project doesn't
> agree with the direction or deems there's too much overlap? Does the
> core team instantly have sway over the adjacent project?

It has to be basically the same team of people working on the two
projects. The goals and the direction of the project are shared. There
is no way it can work if you consider some "core" and some "adjacent",
that would quickly create a us vs. them mentality and not work out that
well in reviews.

Of course, there can be contributors that are not interested in one
project or another. But if you end up with completely-separated
subteams, then there is little value in living under the same umbrella
and sharing a core team.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)