[openstack-dev] [keystone] [oslo] Using oslo.cache in keystoneclient.middleware.auth_token

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Mon Mar 31 16:35:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Kurt Griffiths <
kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com> wrote:

>  Hi folks, has there been any discussion on using oslo.cache within the
> auth_token middleware to allow for using other cache backends besides
> memcached? I didn't find a Keystone blueprint for it, and was considering
> registering one for Juno if the team thinks this feature makes sense. I'd
> be happy to put some time into the implementation.

That does make sense. We need to look at the dependency graph between the
keystoneclient and oslo.cache, though. It appears the current version of
oslo.cache is going to bring in quite a few oslo libraries that we would
not want keystoneclient to depend on [1]. Moving the middleware to a
separate library would solve that.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/Dependencies

Doug