[openstack-dev] [oslo] ordering of notification 'events' in oslo.messaging

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 15:43:30 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 03:36 PM, Sandy Walsh wrote:
> If they're on different queues, the order they appear depends on the
> consumer(s). It's not really an oslo.messaging issue.

Well, they are on two queues because that's how the oslo.messaging
notification listener is implemented. However...

[...]
> I think we have to assume that ordering cannot be guaranteed and it's
> the consumers responsibility to handle it.

... that is indeed a perfectly reasonable position.

I was certainly arguing against that, I was merely pointing out one
aspect that I found (a little) unexpected. Since it appears to be well
understood, I apologise for the noise!