[openstack-dev] [Nova] Updates to Juno blueprint review process

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Mar 21 19:12:22 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 02:55 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 03/20/2014 03:50 PM, Jay Lau wrote:
>> It is better that we can have some diagram workflow just like
>> Gerrit_Workflow <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow> to
>> show the new process.
>
> Indeed, I think it would help.
>
> While I'm here, and for the records, I think that creating a new
> workflow 'temporarily' only until we have Storyboard usable, is a *huge*
> mistake. It seems to me that you're ignoring or at least underestimating
> the amount of *people* that will need to be retrained, the amount of
> documentation that need to be fixed/adjusted. And the confusion that
> this will create on the 'long tail' developers.
>
> A change like this, done with a couple of announcements on a mailing
> list and a few mentions on IRC is not enough to steer the ~400
> developers who may be affected by this change. And then we'll have to
> manage the change again when we switch to Storyboard. If I were you, I'd
> focus on getting storyboard ready to use asap, instead.
>
> There, I said it, and I'm now going back to my cave.

I think the current process and system and *so* broken that we can't
afford to wait.  Further, after talking to Thierry, it seems quite
likely that we would continue using this exact process, even with
Storyboard.  Storyboard isn't a review tool and won't solve all of the
project's problems.

--
Russell Bryant