[openstack-dev] [Heat] Resource dependencies

Shaunak Kashyap shaunak.kashyap at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Mar 21 04:26:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

In a Heat template, what does it mean for a resource to depend on another resource? As in, what is the impact of creating a dependency?

I read http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/hot_spec.html#resources-section and found this definition of the “depends_on” attribute:

> This optional attribute allows for specifying dependencies of the current resource on one or more other resources. Please refer to section hot_spec_resources_dependencies for details.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the referenced “hot_spec_resources_dependencies” section anywhere.

Thank you,

Shaunak