[openstack-dev] [neutron][rootwrap] Performance considerations, sudo?

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:31:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo <majopela at redhat.com>wrote:

>    Wow Yuriy, amazing and fast :-), benchmarks included ;-)
>
>    The daemon solution only adds 4.5ms, good work. I'll add some comments
> in a while.
>
>    Recently I talked with another engineer in Red Hat (working
> in ovirt/vdsm), and they have something like this daemon, and they
> are using BaseManager too.
>
>    In our last conversation he told me that the BaseManager has
> a couple of bugs & race conditions that won't be fixed for python2.x,
> I'm waiting for details on those bugs, I'll post them to the thread
> as soon as I have the details.

Looking at log of managers.py and connection.py I don't see any significant
changes landed after 2.7.6 was released (Nov, 10). So it looks like those
bugs should be fixed in 2.7.

   If this coupled to neutron in a way that it can be accepted for
> Icehouse (we're killing a performance bug), or that at least it can
> be y backported, you'd be covering both the short & long term needs.

As I said on the meeting I plan to provide change request to Neutron with
some integration with this patch.
I'm also going to engage people involved in rootwrap about my change
request.

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.