[openstack-dev] [neutron][rootwrap] Performance considerations, sudo?

Miguel Angel Ajo majopela at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 13:41:52 UTC 2014

    Wow Yuriy, amazing and fast :-), benchmarks included ;-)

    The daemon solution only adds 4.5ms, good work. I'll add some
comments in a while.

    Recently I talked with another engineer in Red Hat (working
in ovirt/vdsm), and they have something like this daemon, and they
are using BaseManager too.

    In our last conversation he told me that the BaseManager has
a couple of bugs & race conditions that won't be fixed for python2.x,
I'm waiting for details on those bugs, I'll post them to the thread
as soon as I have the details.

    If this coupled to neutron in a way that it can be accepted for
Icehouse (we're killing a performance bug), or that at least it can
be y backported, you'd be covering both the short & long term needs.

Best,
Miguel Ángel.