[openstack-dev] [nova] Backwards incompatible API changes

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:25:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 11:51:26 +0100
Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> I still think reverting before release is an option we should
> consider. My point is, yes we broke it back in October for people
> doing CD (and they might by now have gotten used to it), if we let
> this to release we'll then break it for everyone else.
>
> We put a high emphasis into guaranteeing backward compatibility
> between releases. I think there would be more damage done if we let
> this sail to release, compared to the damage of reverting CD
> followers to pre-October behavior...

So I'm more than happy for there to be more discussion about what we
should do. I can only see two rather bad options and see the
arguments against both but its not really clear to me which one is the
least worst one.

I can't make the Nova meeting this week because its the middle of
the night for me, but I've put it on the agenda so perhaps there will
more discussion about it then.

Chris