[openstack-dev] Pecan Evaluation for Marconi

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:47:23 UTC 2014

On 03/19/2014 08:20 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> As I understand it, all of the integrated projects have looked at Pecan,
> and are anticipating the transition. Most have no reason to create a new
> API version, and therefore build a new API service to avoid introducing
> incompatibilities by rebuilding the existing API with a new tool. This
> aligns with the plan when Pecan was proposed as a standard.
>
> Doug

I have evaluated it for Cinder and have spoke to numerous interested
folks in Cinder about using Pecan. It's currently what we're planning to
move to after I did a rough prototype for some of our core API
controllers. As you mentioned, we have no reason to do a version bump
yet. We'll likely do a bump to be py3 compatible rather than for a
significant change.

--
Mike Perez