[openstack-dev] Icehouse dependency freeze

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Mar 19 09:59:51 UTC 2014

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> We're now 1 month away from the scheduled release date. It is my strong
> opinion (as the main Debian OpenStack package maintainer) that for the
> last Havana release, the freeze of dependency happened really too late,
> creating issues hard to deal with on the packaging side. I believe it
> would be also hard to deal with for Ubuntu people (with the next LTS
> releasing soon).
>
> I'd be in the favor to freeze the dependencies for Icehouse *right now*
> (including version updates which aren't packaged yet in Debian).
> Otherwise, it may be very hard for me to get things pass the FTP masters
> NEW queue in time for new packages.

This was discussed at the Release meeting yesterday and we decided to
have a Dependency freeze next week (EOD Tuesday, March 25).

In the mean time we'll work out the details of leveraging specific
branches of openstack/requirements to ensure nothing inadvertently slips in.

That said, given that feature freeze is in progress I don't expect new
dependencies to be added at this point anyway.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)