[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:41:27 UTC 2014

On 14 March 2014 16:10, Jay S Bryant <jsbryant at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> --> Duncan, It is important to know what commits are being brought over to
> help provide a pointer to
> --> the possible cause of subsequent bugs that arise.  I.E. if we sync up
> the DB, there is a commit for fixing
> --> db connection order and suddenly we are getting intermittent DB
> connection failures, it give us
> --> a starting point to fixing the issue.

Jay, there's been a mix-up in who's saying what here. I *very much*
want to know what commits are being bought over. For slightly
different reasons (I'm mostly wanting them for easy review, you for
bug fixing). Brant is suggesting that just the last commit ID is
enough, which I disagree with (and will continue to hit -1/-2 for).

If somebody was to improve the import script to do this automatically
that would be great. Currently I can't see an easy way of
programatically telling when the last import was - I'll take another
look at the problem if somebody smarter than me doesn't sort it first