[openstack-dev] [Mistral][Taskflow][all] Mistral + taskflow

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Fri Mar 14 01:09:33 UTC 2014

Stan,

There is a big difference between TaskFlow and Mistral.
TaskFlow is implemented + it's part of OpenStack (already).
Mistral is under development and it's not a part of OpenStack.

If Mistral would like someday to make incubation request it will get
reasonable question: "Why Mistral reimplemented already existing OpenStack
project."

I just would like to say that your question, about "Mistral arch based on
TaskFlow" should be readdressed to Renat.

Because he is PTL of Mistral and he should use TaskFlow or say, TaskFlow
doesn't work for us in case A, case B, case C. And these cases couldn't be
implemented in TaskFlow (or Joshua will be totally disagree).

Otherwise seems like Mistral team didn't spend time to investigate already
existing OpenStack solutions..

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic