[openstack-dev] [Glance] FFE Request: Allow enabling both v1 and v2 registries

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 14:03:18 UTC 2014

On 13/03/14 09:32 -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
>On 03/13/2014 08:00 AM, stuart.mclaren at hp.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Right now you can select running either the v1 or v2 registries but not
>> both at the same time. I'd like to ask for an FFE for this functionality
>> (Erno's patch in progress here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79957/)
>> With v1 on the road to deprecation I think this may help migrating from
>> a v1 to a v2 registry.
>> Thanks,
>> -Stuart
>> _______________________________________________
>> OpenStack-dev mailing list
>> OpenStack-dev at lists.openstack.org
>> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev
>We're over a week past freeze, it is really time to focus on existing
>issues, and not trying to bring in additional new feature freezes.
>This should wait until the Juno tree opens up.

FWIW, the proposed change has a very low risk of regression and it
looks quite relevant for deployments still running Glance's v1 and
willing to upgrade slowly to the v2. Furthermore, it'll make the
registry service API configuration consistent with glance's api.

Just bringing this to the consideration. I'd be fine with reviewing it
and letting it land. The patch is pretty small and it looks quite good

To be fair, it actually fixes a bug. What makes this change worth
asking for a FFE is the fact that it adds 2 new configuration options
and makes it possible to run the registry with both versions enabled.


Flavio Percoco
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/attachments/20140313/d601d963/attachment.pgp>

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list